Senior Executive Institute
October 27-28 | Orlando, Florida
Program | Speakers | Schedule | Registration
What is SEI?
At the Senior Research Executive Institute (SEI) we learn to develop, enhance and grow the research enterprise and programs.
As a group, over 1.5 days, we will focus on fresh ideas, best practice success strategies and modern thinking aimed at generating ideal outcomes for the research scenarios presented and discussed.
Who Should Attend?
The 1.5 day workshop/retreat is intended for individuals and teams who have research leadership and management responsibilities for their institutions (Vice Presidents, Assistant Vice Presidents, and Directors).
Why Attend?Through presentations, case studies and group discussions, participants explore research challenges, relationships and discover important innovative ideas and techniques for leadership and management.
Who are the Speakers?Don't miss this great opportunity to get first hand experience from our content experts:
- Cary Thomas, President, Association of Independent Research Institutes, USA
- Dr. Ian Carter, Director, Carter Research Navigation, United Kingdom
- Amy Sikalis, Director Research and Science, University of Utah, USA
- Sandra M. Nordahl, CRA, Director, SR Contracting and Compliance, San Diego State University Research Foundation, USA
- Dr. Mark Hochman, Senior Research Fellow, Central Queensland University and Business Development Manager, Education and Professional Development
What is the Schedule of the Program?
Saturday, October 27
- 11:45 AM Check-in
- 12:00 PM Welcome Lunch
- 12:30 PM Opening Guest Speaker “Emotional Intelligence and Leadership”
- 1:45 PM Break
- 2:00 PM Policy Environment and Introduction to Case Study
- 3:30 PM Case Study Task Assessment: Environment
- 4:00 PM Break
- 4:15 PM First Day Wrap-up
- 6:30 PM Group Dinner with Cary Thomas and Guest Speaker “Success Factors of Leadership”
Sunday, October 28
- 8:00 AM Breakfast
- 8:15 AM Working Outwards: Developing and Engaging External Relationships and Partnerships
- 9:15 AM Case Study: Relationships and Stakeholders
- 9:45 AM Break
- 10:30 AM Case Study: Strategy Development Best Practices
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM Hoshin Methodology for Strategy Implementation
- 2:30 PM Break
- 2:45 PM Delivering Ideas with Impact
- 3:30 PM Case Study: Story Telling
- 4:30 PM Wrap-up
How to Register?You could choose and register online or per email, fax or mail. Please use the main registration page for the meeting to register for the SEI here.
|Senior Executive Institute*||Early Bird (deadline Sept. 14)||Pre-registration (Sept. 14 - Oct. 11)||Onsite (after Oct. 12)|
*The Senior Executive Institute will be held on Saturday and Sunday, October 27-28. Registration includes coffee breaks and lunch on both days, and dinner on Saturday, October 27. Registration does not include the full meeting registration nor SRAI membership.